On this episode, I’m excited to have Jiordana Saade as my guest. Jiordana is a psychological nutritionist, hypnotherapist and eating behaviour expert with an educational background in behavioural neuroscience. Jiordana runs a vibrant practice that focuses on the connection between mental health and nutrition and our relationship with food. Jiordana works in small groups to help facilitate permanent changes around eating behaviours, and reprogram the nervous system to end self-sabotage. Jiordana is the co-author of “Reversible Journal”, a book written with Dr. Mohammed Abrahim on reversing obesity and its related disorders, and the sole author of “The Mind-Full Journal”, a journal for behaviour change.
In today’s episode, we talk about Jiordana’s past experiences, her growth and journey to where she is today and how she built her business.
“My business really started with me healing myself and now I’m ready to heal other people.” – Jiordana Saade
- Jiordana’s negative experience with food and body image at an early age.
- How that led her to unhealthy coping mechanisms as an adolescent.
- How becoming a mom helped her continue her education and focus on nutrition.
- Her “aha moment” of the behavioral connection to eating habits.
- Why her current practice focuses on the relationship between your brain and your body.
- Focusing on the root of health problems to solve them long-term.
- Ignoring the nutrition noise that is everywhere on social media.
- How retraining your brain takes time and patience.