In this episode, I’m sharing an episode that I really felt called to record. It started with the thought of how detrimental it can be to our potential to try to “keep up with the Joneses.” We’re used to following the steps that culture and society have laid out for us, education, marriage, children, homes, careers… These timelines and scripts create pressure and make us feel like we are or aren’t doing what we are “supposed” to in life.
“The reason we want to keep up, the reason we wanna be “in,” is because we feel like we need to do that to be accepted.” –Sarah Lambert
- The pull to fit in and why it weighs so heavily on us.
- Following what you want to do, not what you feel like you should be doing.
- How your identity is affected by trying to keep up with your peers.
- The power of detaching your identity from the roles you have day to day and going deeper.
- Looking beyond society’s conditioning to find your soul’s purpose.
- How things become easier when you’re living an aligned life.